Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Udi's Pizza Cafe


I was in Denver last Tuesday and I visited Udi's Pizza Cafe in old town Arvada Co.
http://udisfood.com/cafes/Udi-s-Pizza-Caf-Bar-in-Olde-Town-Arvada
Udi's is a Denver based business with many specialties, a local artisan bakery, a catering company, 5 Denver cafes, and 2 national baking companies. I had a tasty mango and avocado salad. I shared my sister's very yummy gluten free margarita pizza. The gluten free crust could be called crispy flat bread pizza.






My dad ordered Udi's 'lunch special' pepperoni pizza with a chopped salad, all of which, he enjoyed.
Our server. Michael, was polite, knowledgeable, and fun.
February 6th was my mother's 80th birthday and she enjoyed the brie and apple sandwich.


I insisted that we order the 'Butterscotch Pudding with Salted Caramel' for dessert. This is a dessert that is very close to my foodie soul. I love it and I've made it and the 'bar' is very high. It was delicious but I do have a few notes. 1) Call it "Butterscotch Pudding with Caramel topped with whipped cream and a strawberry garnish". 2) Change your recipe to "Butterscotch Pudding" with a topping of caramel and fleur de sel. The whipped cream and strawberry are not necessary and you can't taste the salt in your caramel.
I liked this restaurant, the location, the menu, and the staff. I'll be back in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment